top of page

Highworth Town vs Barton Rovers final score

After picking up three points last week against Kidlington, Rovers looked to continue their form as they made the long travel to Highworth Town. Although they didn't come away with a win, the Rovers made sure they went unbeaten for two weeks running as they picked up another point along the way. The game finished 3-3 and both sides would be frustrated with a point as we both sit in the relegation play-off zone.

Rovers got off to the worst start possible as they found themselves 2-0 down after just eighteen minutes, the first coming in the twelfth minute. In the first ten, the home side looked more settled and in control and this paid off as they went one up through a Barton own goal after an excellent ball was put across the box and unfortunately turned in by Williams. Highworths second of the game came on the stroke of the twenty-minute mark and was a controversial one, after what appeared to be a blatant handball by the Highworth defender was unpunished by the referee, the home side went up the other end and put the ball in the back of the net.

After going two down so early, the heads of Barton's players started to drop but an injury to the Highworth defender allowed the coaching team to motivate their players and regroup, this quick chat contributed to two goals for Rovers shortly after. Kieran Hamilton was the man of the moment for Barton as he scored two goals in quick succession to put Barton level before the interval. Hamilton's first of the day was a scrappy one, to say the least as he had two initial shots blocked before putting it in the back of the net. His second came in the thirty-third minute just three minutes later when player-manager Jermaine Hall passed a peach of a ball through to the feet of his strike partner who tucked it through the goalie's legs to equalise!

Hamilton almost completed his hattrick before half-time when he found himself through on goal in the added-on time, however, he was hacked down by Highworth defender Liam Haines who was shown a red card for his challenge. Highworth played the whole second half with a man less but managed well and even went ahead once again to put them in the driver's seat. Against the run of play in the seventy-third minute, Highworth scored their third of the game as Sol Pryce came out of nowhere to put a flying header in the back of the Rovers net.

The Rovers coaching team turned to their bench for the last fifteen minutes in the search for an equaliser and brought on striker Scott Joseph as their last sub of the game, Scott's work rate helped to push his team on to get a goal back and in the ninetieth minute, Jermaine Hall won a penalty after being brought down in the box. Kieran Hamilton stepped up and coolly converted to complete his hat trick and gain another important point on the road.

Full time: Highworth Town 3-3 Barton Rovers FC

Star Player: Kieran Hamilton

Entertainment Rating:5/5

22 views0 comments


bottom of page